We offer special education programs for students identified through IDEA as Emotionally Disturbed (ED). Classrooms are designed to support the needs of students who experience significant emotional and behavioral challenges which impact on their educational performance.
In order to be eligible, a student must exhibit a history of social-emotional issues. Identification of students through a Multi-factored Evaluation (MFE) include the following components and must be displayed over a long period of time, to a marked degree and have an adverse effect on educational performance:
- An inability to learn which cannot be explained by intellectual, sensory or health factors
- Inability to build or maintain satisfactory interpersonal relationships with peers and teachers
- Inappropriate types of behavior or feelings under normal circumstances
- Pervasive mood of unhappiness or depression
- Physical symptoms or fears associated with personal or school problems
- The program is a cooperative effort to service Ohio's schools with programs located in Mahoning County
- An Individualized Education Program (IEP) is developed based on the needs of the student to serve as a pathway for instruction.
- The class size does not exceed ten students during an instructional period.
- The teacher is a licensed intervention specialist in the state of Ohio trained in social emotional behavior and support.
- The curriculum is based on the Ohio Common Core Standards
Connect with our Team
Special Education Supervisor and Preschool Supervisor
330.533.8755 ext. 1019