The Educational Service Center of Eastern Ohio joins hundreds of school districts and organizations throughout the state in recognizing local school board members during January’s School Board Recognition Month.
School boards are made up of elected or appointed officials who serve their districts by giving guidance and creating policies for the schools in their communities.
“I am honored to recognize school board members who selflessly serve their districts,” says Dr. Traci Hostetler, Superintendent of the Educational Service Center of Eastern Ohio (ESCEO). “They are the voice of the community in a school district. They ensure all aspects of their respective districts are designed to best serve its community.”
January also marks the start of new terms for board members across the area, with many boards welcoming new members and changes in roles within some of the school boards.
“Please join us in saying thank you to your local school board members for their contributions to the success of the students, support of our educators, and the future of our districts,” encourages Hostetler.
Board Presidents and Vice Presidents for districts and organizations serviced by the ESC of Eastern Ohio include:
- Austintown Local Schools: Don Sherwood (President); Fred Marcum (Vice President)
- Beaver Local Schools: Brian McKenzie (President); Jerry Barnett (Vice President)
- Boardman Local Schools: John Landers (President); John Fryda (Vice President)
- Campbell City Schools: Bill Valentino (President); Tony Kelly (Vice President)
- Canfield Local Schools: Traci DeCapua (President); Nader Atway (Vice President)
- Columbiana Exempted Village Schools: Kelly Williamson (President); Angie Jeffries (Vice President)
- East Palestine City Schools: Beth McTrustry (President); Jen Andre (Vice President)
- ESC of Eastern Ohio: Atty. A. Ross Douglass (President); Atty. Kathi McNabb Welsh (Vice President)
- Jackson-Milton Local Schools: Tom Huff (President); Tausha Bacorn (Vice President)
- Lowellville Local Schools: Joseph Sturm (President); Jennifer Johnson (Vice President)
- Mahoning County Board of Developmental Disabilities: Joe Pecchia (President); Andrea Patton (Vice President)
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center: Beth Donofrio (President); Jeff Good (Vice President)
- Mahoning Valley Regional Council of Governments: Pete Pirone (President); Kathy Mock (Vice President)
- Poland Local Schools: Dr. Larry Dinopoulos (President); Annie Colucci (Vice President)
- Potential Development: Ken Goldsboro (President); Bob Gearhart Jr. (Vice President)
- Sebring Local Schools: JoAnn Jones (President); Melinda Vecchio (Vice President)
- South Range Local Schools: Brian Bagwell (President); Terri Lally (Vice President)
- Springfield Local Schools: Karen Dattilo (President); Stephanie Caldwell (Vice President)
- Struthers Local Schools: Walter Baber (President); Robert Noble (Vice President)
- United Local Schools: Denise Rhodes (President); Wendy Doyle (Vice President)
- Valley STEM: Ashley Totin (President)
- Valley Virtual: Tim Saxton (President)
- West Branch Local Schools: Bryan Hobbins (President); Joe Courtwright (Vice President)
- Western Reserve Local Schools: Jasmine Henning (President); Tracy Sinn (Vice President)
- Youngstown Community School: Chuck George (President); Ed Muransky (Vice President)
- Youngstown City Schools: Tiffany Patterson (President); Juanita Walker (Vice President)