Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is a voluntary evidence-based home visiting program that connects specially trained nurses to visit first-time mothers-to-be, starting early in the pregnancy and continuing through the child’s second birthday. Expectant moms benefit by getting free care and support needed for a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and to be a great mom! ESCEO offers the NFP program in both Mahoning and Portage Counties to 100 first time pregnant mothers.
Your nurse will support you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!
- Become the best mom you can be.
- Learn and practice things that make you more confident as a mom, like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques and much more.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in your community.
- Continue your education, develop job skills or follow your dreams for the future.
WHO CAN ENROLL IN NURSE-FAMILY PARTNERSHIP?
Any woman who:
- Is pregnant with her first child
- Is pregnant 28 weeks or less
- Meets income requirements
- Resides in Mahoning or Portage Counties