Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is a voluntary evidence-based home visiting program that connects specially trained nurses to visit first-time mothers-to-be, starting early in the pregnancy and continuing through the child’s second birthday. Expectant moms benefit by getting free care and support needed for a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and to be a great mom! ESCEO offers the NFP program in both Mahoning and Portage Counties to 100 first time pregnant mothers.
Your nurse will support you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!
- Become the best mom you can be.
- Learn and practice things that make you more confident as a mom, like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques and much more.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in your community.
- Continue your education, develop job skills or follow your dreams for the future.
Click here for more information about Nurse-Family Partnership.
WHO CAN ENROLL IN NURSE-FAMILY PARTNERSHIP?
Any woman who:
- Is pregnant with her first child
- Is pregnant 28 weeks or less
- Meets income requirements
- Resides in Mahoning or Portage Counties
If you have already had your child, you may still be eligible for the Healthy Families America program.
Connect with Our Team
Christine Hanysh, LSW, MHHS
330.533.8755 ext. 1077