PARENTS AS TEACHERSParents as Teachers aims to increase parent knowledge of early childhood development, improve parenting practices, increase children’s school readiness and success, and provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
The National Parents as Teachers Organization believes:
- The early years of a child’s life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and in life.
- Parents and caregivers are their children’s first and most influential teachers.
- Established and emerging research is the foundation for caregiver and family support curricula, training, materials, and services.
- All young children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed, regardless of any demographic, geographic or economic considerations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the history and traditions of diverse cultures is essential in serving families.
If you want to learn more about the Parents as Teachers program offered by the Educational Service Center of Eastern Ohio, contact Christine Hanysh at 330.533.8755 ext. 1077 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, check out the National Parents as Teachers website to learn more, https://