DYSLEXIA SUPPORT & RESOURCES
The ESC of Eastern Ohio Teaching & Learning team has established a group of instructional specialists to support districts in the understanding and implementation of Ohio Dyslexia laws. From monitoring the legislation for updates, to interpretation, training, and implementation, our team provides the most up-to-date support and resources for districts to implement screenings, reportings, and professional development.
Information and Supports for Administrators
ANNUAL DYSLEXIA SCREENINGS
- Assist in the development of decisions rules for districts (create and share an example that can be adapted by districts)
- Develop timeline for districts to ensure compliance
- Support your district’s curriculum selection process (utilize the curriculum evaluation from Reading League)
STUDENT PROGRESS MONITORING
- Assist districts in identifying at risk students and deciding on course of action (directly move to Tier 2 screener OR intervene for 6 weeks and check for growth)
- Review individual student data alongside the district’s multidisciplinary team at the end of the 6 week period
- Invite districts to meet with vendors at the ESC. Provides districts the ability to learn more about the resources available for Tier 2 intervention instruction. (Fall 2022)
- Ensure districts are familiar and have access to ODE sample documents and resources
- Include reporting obligations within district decision rules
TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROCESS
- Support the surveying of district staff
- Create a sample survey to determine who has training in your district as well as determining training the teachers would like to attend.
- Provide contact information and details for approved certification programs
- Develop a sample process for districts based on the Ohio Dyslexia Guidebook.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENT
- Provides facilitators of ODE professional development modules
- Provide facilitator training in LETRS
- Provide Train the Facilitator training for Keys to Beginning Reading
- Support multidisciplinary teams through completion of a certification process in structured literacy
Connect with our Dyslexia Team