TITLE III CONSORTIUM
Districts who receive less than $10,000 in Title III funds, must join a consortium in order to receive their federal dollars. The ESCEO has created a consortium for this purpose. If you are interested in joining this consortium, contact us for more information.
- Develop tools, processes, and service support to better meet the needs of students identified as English Learners in Consortium districts.
- Network with EL administrative contacts to expand and enhance language and academic instruction programs to assist EL students in acquiring the English language and academic skills and content.
- Collaborate to determine responsible and appropriate opportunities to allocate Title III funds that comply with federal guidelines for expenditures (including professional development for K-12 staff, instructional support for students, and community/family engagement).
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (OELPA)
- Ohio’s English Language Proficiency Assessments Portal
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Screener (OELPS)
- Alternate Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (Alt-OELPA)
Ohio Department of Education Resources
- Language Usage Survey
- English Learner Programs
- Identifying English Language Learners
- Ohio English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards (the OELPA is aligned to these standards)
- Ohio Learning Standards-Extended for ELP (the Alt-OELPA is aligned to these standards)
- Diverse Learners
- Guidelines and Resources for English Language Learners (Instructional Guide)
- Research and Select Evidence-Based Strategies
U.S. Department of Education Resources
- English Language Learner Tool Kit
- U.S. Department of Education Newcomer Tool Kit
- Non-Regulatory Guidance: English Learners and Title III
- Title III Supplement, Not Supplant
- Dear Colleague Letter (2015)
- Includes 10 Obligations to English Learners
- EL Monitoring Guidance
- Colorin Colorado - For families and educators of English language learners
For Students K-5
- Lexia English Lexia® English Language Development™ is an adaptive blended learning program that supports Emergent Bilingual students’ English language acquisition through academic conversations. The program integrates speaking, listening, and grammar in the subjects of math, science, social studies, general knowledge, and biographies.
- Peekaboo Studios Peekaboo Studios is an educational app developer & children's publisher based in Central Ohio. Browse our apps and try our stories, challenges, trivia, quizzes, books, and step-by-step guides. The resources shared are App based and may require an Apple or Android App installation.
- Wobble Monkey Studios - Grammar Smash Grammar Smash is a simple, fun, block busting game for learning basic English grammar quickly and easily. Smash words to form sentences in this highly addictive basic English grammar course for ESL/EFL students. Learning English grammar has never been so simple, fun and easy. Apple and/or Android App installation required.
- Learn English Preposition Game - Apps on Google Play Learn English grammar and prepositions free by putting the prepositions in place & English grammar in use to make correct English sentences. Preposition Master is a fun and educational game for English language students of all levels who want to learn and improve their English language skills in a more entertaining way. Android App installation required.
- Gonliapps Practice English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. Apple and/or Android App installation required.
- Games to Learn English Just as the name suggests, this website provides game based learning for students. Explore the additional resources on vocabulary and phrases. Teachers can create a free account by linking their Google account.
For Students 6-12
- Lexia PowerUP Lexia® PowerUp Literacy® accelerates literacy gains for students in grades 6–12 who are at risk of not meeting College- and Career-Ready Standards. Proven to be up to five times as effective as the average middle school reading intervention, PowerUp enables students to make multiple years of growth in a single academic year.
- Student - Learn English for Free! English Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading & Listening
- Talk English Learn English speaking so you can speak English fluently. Improve your spoken English Free!
- VOA Learning EnglishLearning English is VOA’s multimedia source of news and information for millions of English learners worldwide.
- ESL Lab Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab has been providing online English listening comprehension activities for ESL and EFL learners since 1998.
For Teachers (to print)
- ESL Lesson Plans for Teachers - UsingEnglish.com Select from 1375 free downloadable PDF lesson plans, with answers and teachers' notes where needed, for all levels, including exam lessons for ESL/EFL teachers.
- Free reading and math assessments for Kindergarten to grade 5 | K5 Learning It's common for kids to find themselves at different skill levels in different topic areas within the same subject (e.g. strong in shapes and geometry but poor doing math facts). Assessments can help focus study time to where it is most needed.
- 7ESL We live in a world where learning English as a second language is essential. Not only for professional growth, but a second language brings possibilities to get to know a new culture. Learn about the “7 Steps to Learn English.”
- ESL Worksheets English Exercises Free ESL Printable Grammar and Vocabulary Worksheets, English Exercises, EAL Handouts, ESOL Quizzes, EFL Activities, TEFL Questions, TESOL Materials, English Teaching and Learning Resources, Fun Crossword and Word Search Puzzles, Tests, Picture Dictionaries, Classroom Posters, Matching Exercises and Flashcards For Kids.
- ESL Worksheets | Free Worksheets For Teaching English | Games4esl You will find many printable ESL worksheets on many topics for English language learners and teachers. All the worksheets on Games4esl are absolutely FREE to download and use in your English classes.
- iSLCollective We are a community of ESL/EFL teachers who publish our self-created English language lessons to help you relax about tomorrow's class
- K-12 Learning Packets Learning Packets from International Coalition for Multilingual Education and Equity, includes more than 120 activity learning packets for K-12, organized by grade level and proficiency level.
- Ohio Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (Ohio TESOL)
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Connect with Our English Language Learners Team
Gifted Coordinator/Instructional Specialist, Title III Lead
TESOL Support Teacher